This specific SP250 has been praised for sale by the seller with the following quote:
... this singular DAIMLER SP250!
Produced at 2654 copies between 1959 and 1964, this atypical English car of 1962 has received a very nice complete restoration. Body, chassis, engine, brake, upholstery, nothing has been forgotten.
The fiberglass body presents a beautiful garnet red paint and the spoked wheels are of a bright chrome.
Inside, beige leather dress the front seats and the rear seat and the various trim.
It is equipped with the famous V8 of 2.5l of 140ch. which also powered the Daimler 250 saloon. The engine starts immediately and the V8 engine runs perfectly, on each of the 4 gears, high revs are accompanied by a characteristic sound that adds to the charm of this English classic car. Moreover an electric power steering has been fitted to get an easier handling.
A complete file with invoices, photos, magazine and catalogs of parts and accessories comes with the car.
Photos from the seller's website:
Features of this car:
- fibreglass body
- B-Spec fitted with front A-spec "whiskers"
- original LHD version
- two bucket seats
- Technical data
- 2.5 litre V8 Hemi
- 4-speed manual gearbox
- rear wheel drive
- four-wheel Girling disc brakes
- fitted with an EZ electric power steering ( fitted in 2013 )
- steel chassis
- front independent with coil springs
- rear live axle with half-elliptic leaf springs
- with optional wire wheels
- fitted with C-spec trickle-charger socket
First chassis number by year :
|Year||RHD cars||LHD cars|
|1959||100570 (November)||100010 (March)|
|last||104456 (September 1964)||101585 (July 1964)|
Points of interest :
- Cars were not always built in strict chassis number order. Not all chassis numbers in the full sequence were used, but were used in batches, as shown :
|Drive||First chassis number||Last chassis number|
- No chassis number prefix
- No engine number prefix
- Body prefix
- Chassis numbers 100000 to 100005 (1958-1964) were prototypes
last update: 2021-02-01